Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Happy Birthday to our Jacob!!!



Well, one year ago to this very moment, my life was changing right before my eyes. Our son came into this world at 10:44pm - ONE YEAR AGO! Where did the year go? I just can't believe it!!!! My baby is ONE!!! What a journey this year has been! I am SURE that I have felt every adjective that Webster lists in his dictionary during the past year. The mountain tops...and the valleys...boy what a journey!!! (And I know it is just the beginning!) But, what a privledge it is to be Jacob's Mom. I am so thankful for the blessing that Jacob is and how he completes our family. He brings such joy to this house. I never knew what was missing...until Jacob came. God is Good!

Tonight Jacob got his first "handful" of cake. And, let me say, he is MY CHILD!!! He loves cake!!! So, practice round #1 - I will undress him for future icing adventures.

And, just like the rest of us, once the sugar high wears off - it's sleepy city!!!!!!

I think back to this time last year and I am amazed at just how much Jacob has grown over the last 12 months. It's a true joy to watch as he develops his personality and all of his little mannerisms. Jacob's cousin Noah came over tonight with his old tricycle and gave it to Jacob for his birthday, which Jacob fell in love with. He was pushing it all over the house with a little help from Noah of course.

One of the things that Jacob has come to love over the last two months is water!!!! It doesn't matter where the water is coming from, if he sees it he is going to make a mad dash for it. He especially loves bath time and as you can see from the pictures below....

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sweet boy. You (and your momma and daddy) are such a wonderful blessing to us!!! I can't imagine going through all of this without them! Love you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete