Well just like Suzette said below it has been one of those weeks and to top it off getting into an argument with the pediatrician did not help matters. Now I don't mind voicing my opinion as most of you all know, but I at least I stay on one side of the issue. As Suzette mentioned below Jacob's doctor did disagree with the specialist, but would later agree with the treatment regiment. Now I am not about to say that I have any medical background but to me that make absolutely no sense what so ever. Obviously he agreed with something and I think in the end he was trying to cover his backside in the event Jacob did get pneumonia.
I think though the nail in the coffin for us was when we went to the the doctor's office yesterday and were treated with a little bit of an attitude. I can understand being a little rattled at having to work people into a very busy schedule and that they office is only open for three hours on the weekend. However, that is no excuse for taking that frustration out on the patient and or the nervous parents. At the end of the day though Jacob got what he needed an antibiotic and is thankfully on his way to recovering from the infection.
I will be the first to stand in the "don't doubt the mothers instinct" line after this week. I know when Suzette first said that she did not agree with the Doctor and wanted a second opinion I felt she was over reacting. Thankfully SHE WAS RIGHT and I was wrong......
I was very glad that she trusted her instinct and took Jacob for a second opinion, if it weren't for that who knows what might have happened.
I may still not always agree but I will definitely listen more respectively when it comes to medical issues. You can take the nurse out of the hospital but you can't take the nurse out of the person!!!!!!
I also love the picture below of all the boys looking out the window. Its fun to just sit there and watch how the three of them will interact with one another. I love how Ace has just taken to Jacob and will let him just do whatever he wants to him with out a care in the world. Rebel on the other hand not so much but he is a spoiled brat so what can you say. I can't wait till Jacob is running and can chase after those two oh the messes they will make.... :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment