
Well, we are back! We survived Mexico!!! Actually, Jonathan and I had a great time away, but we were sooooooo glad to get back to our Jacob and our other boys. It is truly amazing how this 16-17 pound baby can totally capture your heart, soul, and all of your thoughts. Jonathan and I saw so many babies and young kids at the beach and all we could think about was how we couldn't wait to get our little man out in the sand and watch him explore this world that awaits him. Anyway-a great time was had by all. Our favorite thing was the snorkeling (okay, well sleeping through the night tops up there as well!) We did "The Mayan Adventure Tour" and we were able to snorkel in three different spots. The first was a fresh water sink hole and Jonathan got to jump from a high platform into the "freezing cold" water - I watched! Then we were able to snorkel into a cave (again, freezing cold) but it was a very cool experience. Finally, we had the swim of our lives. We swam from a lagoon to the reef and boy, it was a swim. I was exhausted (I actually threw-up in the water, fun!) but the fish were beautiful and we swam right over a sting ray and right by a turtle. It was too cool. Luckily, I didn't realize we swam past 2-3 baracoodas until after I was out of the water. But after we got back to the resort I was ready to come home. I had experienced a true treat, I was happy, and then I was ready for my Jacob. Too bad I had to wait another 24 hours. BUT-I didn't cry until we were in the airplane and we hovered DFW airport for 45 minutes because of clouds - YES, CLOUDS! They almost sent us to Austin for fuel and I just broke down into tears. Are you kidding me? - I wanted my baby NOW!!! Poor Jonathan had to deal with his pathetic wife totally broken down on the plane while everyone watched. I got a good husband!!!
I want to thank my parents for taking Jacob, Rebel, and Ace while we got away. We are so fortunate that they were willing for such a challenge. My Mother said she was reminded of why young people have babies. So, there ya go - words of wisdom for the day!
Well, I guess we are getting back to reality. We will keep you posted but here is one more pic of Jacob and Rebel with Daddy. They are really becoming buds and it is such a treat to watch! ENJOY!

Welcome home!
ReplyDelete